Teeth whitening strip is an elastic gel-type film strip used for teeth whitening. It is easy to use and effective, and can quickly whiten teeth. What is the principle of tooth whitening strip? What are the characteristics of different types of tooth whitening strip? Let’s take a look below!
Difference between Types
Yellow teeth are a problem for many people. Healthy teeth are not very white. The color that matches the skin tone is the healthiest. However, some people pursue white teeth excessively and use whitening products indiscriminately, which affects their health. I believe some people have used tooth whitening strips, so what about this product?
1. Gel-type tooth whitening strip
It is a strip for whitening teeth with the gel in a semi-wet state.
2. Dry whitening tooth strip
The upper gel layer is dry, but when it hydrates with saliva, it can produce strong adhesion, and it can stay attached to the teeth for a long time (the longest can reach more than 6 hours) to ensure The whitening agent in the strip has a better time to act on the teeth. Dry tooth strips are easier to store and more comfortable to use. They can be used for professional night tooth bleaching.
3. Soluble whitening strip
It is a new product based on dry tooth strips. The gel layer is also dry. The difference is that this product can be completely dissolved in the oral cavity and does not need to be removed from the teeth after use.
Get Rid of Those Rumors
1. Recently, as celebrities and models show off their crystal teeth and brilliant smiles in advertisements, “white teeth strips” have become popular. It is said that it is not only very simple to use, but also its whitening effect can be maintained for more than half a year.
However, tooth whitening strip is only a temporary “cosmetic” for teeth, not for everyone. For consumers, oral health is actually more important than whitening. Tooth whitening strips do only “superficial articles” for the teeth. Although the whitening effect can be achieved in a short period of time, it cannot fundamentally solve the problem of tooth color and cleanliness.
2. Tooth strips can cause tooth hypersensitivity or infection: Tooth strips are generally only used as temporary cosmetics for teeth, just like lipstick, they are usually used before banquets.
The Working Principles of Whitening Strips
The principle of the tooth whitening strip is to use a gel containing “hydrogen peroxide”, also known as “hydrogen peroxide”, which is applied to the teeth for a long time, so that the ingredients penetrate the teeth to lighten the color of the teeth and produce a whitening effect.
The strip itself is made of “polyethylene“, which is a safe and commonly used flexible plastic. A set of 2 pieces, 1 piece for upper and lower teeth, which are designed with low irritation and safe ingredients to care for sensitive teeth.
Not Everyone Can Use Strips
People with dental disease cannot use tooth-whitening strip: as long as the whitening strip is applied to the teeth in the morning and evening, the teeth can be whitened in a week without delay, which is quite attractive to everyone. .
In fact, tooth whitening strips are not suitable for everyone, especially those with dental diseases. “Tooth enamel plays a role in protecting the internal dentin. However, some people have inherently underdeveloped tooth enamel, and they did not notice it. Once the whitening strip is used, the acidic components in the strip may damage the enamel and cause damage to the tooth surface. harm.
If it is used by people with healthy teeth, it will have the function of self-recovery for a period of time. People with periodontal atrophy and other symptoms will irritate their gums and cause nerve pain. Especially for people with tooth hypersensitivity, once they cause pulpitis, it is difficult to recover. ”
Stomatologists reminded that it is best not to use whitening strips especially for children and young people. These people have relatively high pulp angles and are not fully developed. Whitening strips can stimulate the nerves of the teeth even more. The enamel is also relatively thin, and it is highly sensitive to heat and cold. The use of dental strips can damage the teeth.
The Proper Usage of Strips
1. Avoid using tooth strips after brushing your teeth.
2. Please do not go beyond the tip of the tooth when using the dental strip, and should be parallel to the tip of the tooth.
3. If the strip is not flat when using it, just use your fingers to gently press the two ends of the tooth strip and gently pull it outwards.
4. Use the tooth strips on the upper and lower teeth twice a day, each time not less than 30 minutes, and the best time is 60 minutes.
5. After use, remove the gel left on the teeth by rinsing and wiping.
6. Do not use after oral ulcers, broken gums, or oral surgery.
7. For those with sensitive teeth, please reduce the dosage or use it under the guidance of a doctor.
8. Avoid contact with eyes when using this product. If you accidentally touch your eyes, please wash with water immediately.
9. It is not recommended for pregnant women and children under 12 years old.