Toothpaste is a basic hygiene necessity for anyone. Everyone uses it regardless of age, gender, profession and so on. In the Philippines, there has been a slight but steady increase in awareness of oral health in the last few years. Along with better access to dental care, this has resulted in a similar rise in the oral care industry. In fact, according to market research, the Philippine oral care market has increased at a 1.1% CAGR from 2009 to 2014. Experts also predict that there could be much faster growth in the next five years, at a CAGR of 2.6%.
Such promising trends only indicate that it is a good time to start a toothpaste business in the Philippines today. As of the moment, the market is largely dominated by a few huge brands from the US and the UK. But with a population of 109 million, there is no shortage of potential Filipino customers to serve. In order to set your foot firmly in the market, what you have to do is to choose a trusty toothpaste manufacturer in the Philippines that can supply you with a product that is at par or even better than the current big players.
Best 5 Toothpaste Manufacturers in the Philippines
The toothbrush industry in the Philippines is made up of only a handful of popular products. Most of these are manufactured by the biggest toothpaste brands in the US. If you are thinking of setting up a toothpaste business in the country, you have two choices. You can choose to resell some of these firmly established brands or introduce a new option into the market by starting your own brand of toothpaste. Either way, you need to carefully choose your manufacturer or supplier so that your business can be off to a good start.
For over 10 years now, this China-based company has been one of the leading toothpaste manufacturers in the Philippines and the rest of Asia. As a matter of fact, they provide toothpaste products to hundreds of clients all over the world. Many companies prefer Cinoll’s toothpaste formulas because they are very effective for dental hygiene. They also leave a pleasant taste in the mouth.
If you have your own oral care brand, Cinoll can also create a unique formulation for your own toothpaste. You can get to choose the flavors, colors, as well as packaging. Cinoll can manufacture many different kinds of toothpastes, such as fluoride free, charcoal, titanium dioxide free, SLS free and other custom specifications that you may prefer. Cinoll can even design the packaging of your toothpaste product for you, from the design of the tube all the way to the layout and colors of the outer box.
Get free samples here: Request Samples
Colgate is probably the world’s biggest toothpaste manufacturer. They had always held the top spot in the toothpaste industry in the Philippines ever since they introduced their first product many years ago. In fact, they have become a household name across all areas of the country.
Over the years, Colgate has sold many kinds of toothpaste in the Philippine market. As of the moment, they have the Total, Optic White, Enamel Strength, Sensitive, Activated Charcoal, and Kids. In addition to these top quality products, Colgate also manufactures a number of other oral health products. Their mouthwash, teeth whitening kits and toothbrushes are also very popular among the Filipino buying public.
They are indeed already a very well-established brand in the toothpaste industry. Because of this, Colgate products can be a great addition to any oral care business.
A very popular brand of a wide range of consumer goods, Unilever has been one of the top names in toothpaste in the Philippines for decades. This global company has a number of toothpaste brands that are available all over the world. However, the one that has really stood out in the Philippines is Closeup. Unilever had launched this brand back in 1967 as their first ever gel toothpaste. This toothpaste has the unique formulation of having a built-in mouthwash.
Today, Unilever’s toothpaste products come in a wide variety of flavors and variants. One of the most popular in the Philippines today is the Deep Action with Active Zinc Mouthwash. The Fire Freeze with its distinct blue and red stripes and the White Now with its whitening feature are also very popular choices.
Unilever toothpastes would be a great addition to your reseller brochure. In this case, it would be advisable to go directly to the manufacturer so that you can avail of wholesale prices for better profit.
4. Lamoiyan Corporation
Lamoiyan is one of the few toothpaste manufacturers in the Philippines that are actually owned by a Filipino. The company has not only managed to break into the market dominated by foreign brands. It has also remained to be a force to contend with for more than 30 years now. Their toothpaste formula is characterized by a distinct fresh taste that Filipinos took a great liking to. Indeed, being Filipinos themselves, they were able to capture the local taste preference. This turned out to be one of their strong points that allowed them to stay abreast of the bigger competition.
If you are an oral brand reseller, it is very likely that you will make a good profit with this toothpaste. It already has a loyal following and it is also very affordable. This makes it the preferable choice for a lot of Filipino consumers.
5. ACS Manufacturing
This manufacturer of household goods has been a leading toothpaste manufacturer in the Philippines since 1977. Their toothpaste uses a unique formula that promotes maximum protection against tooth decay. In addition to simply cleaning the teeth, this toothpaste also boosts gum health and eliminates stains from the tooth enamel.
There are currently five different flavors available for their primary toothpaste product – Fresh Mint, Double Mint, Starburst Blue, Meteor Mint, and Supernova Red. Aside from their unique flavor, each of these variants also has its own unique features. For example, the Double Mint variety has extra ingredients for tartar control and cavity defense.
The toothpastes of ACS Manufacturing are all available in tubes of 10ml, 50ml, 100ml and 150ml. Their local headquarters are located in the city of Pasig.
Market Analysis of the Toothpaste Industry
The worldwide toothpaste business has grown significantly in recent years, with growing demand for oral care products as people become more conscious of the significance of good oral hygiene. The worldwide toothpaste business was worth USD 21.2 billion in 2020 and is projected to be worth USD 28.2 billion by 2027, increasing at a CAGR of 4.1% over the forecast period.
The Asia Pacific area is the biggest toothpaste industry, accounting for more than 40% of the worldwide market share. This is due to growing population and disposable money in nations such as China, India, and Indonesia. Furthermore, as customers become more health-conscious and worried about the use of chemicals in their dental care products, the demand for natural and organic toothpaste products has grown quickly.
Some key data references for you:
- The market size of the global toothpaste industry was valued at USD 21.2 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 28.2 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period. (Source: Grand View Research)
- The Asia Pacific region is the largest market for toothpaste, accounting for over 40% of the global market share. (Source: Grand View Research)
- Colgate-Palmolive is the largest player in the global toothpaste industry, with a market share of around 34%. (Source: Statista)
- Procter & Gamble is the second-largest player in the global toothpaste industry, with a market share of 16%. (Source: Statista)
- Unilever is the third-largest player in the global toothpaste industry, with a market share of 11%. (Source: Statista)
- The major trends in the global toothpaste industry include the increasing demand for natural and organic toothpaste products, the rising popularity of teeth whitening products, and the growing trend of product innovation and differentiation. (Source: Grand View Research)
These data references are based on various market research reports and publications from reputable sources such as Grand View Research and Statista.
How to Choose among Toothpaste Manufacturers
It is critical to select a qualified toothpaste maker to ensure that you are receiving a secure and effective product. Here are some pointers to help you select a reputable toothpaste manufacturer:
- Look for certification: Look for producers who have credentials from respected groups such as the FDA, ISO, and GMP. These certifications demonstrate that the manufacturer fulfilled specific standards and was inspected by an impartial third party.
- Investigate the manufacturer: Learn about the manufacturer’s past and reputation in the business. Look for consumer evaluations and comments, as well as any news stories or reports about the company.
- Examine the ingredients: Examine the component list on the toothpaste packaging to ensure that it is secure and effective. Avoid toothpastes that contain potentially hazardous chemicals such as triclosan or sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Examine the expiry date: Before buying toothpaste, make sure it is not outdated. Old toothpaste may be ineffective or even dangerous.
- Check for quality control measures: Look for producers who have stringent quality control methods in place to ensure that each quantity of toothpaste is safe and effective.
- Examine the cost: The cost of toothpaste can also be a sign of its grade. While you don’t have to spend the most for toothpaste, be cautious of makers who offer their products at extremely cheap rates, as this may suggest poor quality or inferior components.
By following these guidelines, you can help ensure that you select a qualified toothpaste manufacturer who creates secure and effective goods.