Made from: Coconut shells, wood, or bamboo
- Teeth Whitening: Charcoal powder is believed to have teeth whitening properties due to its porous structure, which may help absorb stains and discoloration on the tooth surface.
- Bad Breath Prevention: Charcoal powder can help absorb odor-causing compounds and bacteria in the mouth, which may contribute to fresher breath.
- Plaque and Tartar Control: Charcoal powder has adsorption properties that may help remove plaque and prevent the buildup of tartar on teeth.
- Mild Abrasive Action: The gentle abrasiveness of charcoal powder can aid in the removal of surface stains and debris, contributing to a cleaner and brighter smile.
- pH Balancing: Charcoal powder may help balance the pH level in the mouth, creating an environment less conducive to bacterial growth and acid erosion.
- Antimicrobial Properties: Some studies suggest that charcoal powder exhibits antimicrobial effects, potentially inhibiting the growth of bacteria associated with oral health issues like cavities and gum disease.
Science and Related Study
By J. A. Kumar, S. K. Patil, S. R. Gujjari