Made from: Vegetable oils
- Moisturizes and soothes: Glycerin has hydrating properties that help moisturize the oral tissues, reducing dryness and discomfort.
- Promotes saliva production: Glycerin stimulates the production of saliva, which plays a crucial role in maintaining oral health by neutralizing acids, washing away food particles, and protecting against tooth decay.
- Protects against tooth sensitivity: Glycerin forms a protective barrier over sensitive areas of the teeth, reducing sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweet stimuli.
- Lubricates oral surfaces: Glycerin helps to lubricate the oral surfaces, making it easier for the tongue and other oral structures to move smoothly during speech and swallowing.
- Supports remineralization: Glycerin can enhance the remineralization process by facilitating the absorption of essential minerals into the tooth enamel, strengthening and repairing it.
Science and Related Study
By Roberta Tarkany Basting, Antonio Luiz Rodrigues Jr and Mônica Campos Serra
By Lillian C Becker, Wilma F Bergfeld, Donald V Belsito, Ronald A Hill, Curtis D Klaassen, Daniel C Liebler, James G Marks Jr, Ronald C Shank, Thomas J Slaga, Paul W Snyder, Lillian J Gill and Bart Heldreth
By Hamed Ramezani Taghartapeh, Mohammad Reza Saeb and Mohammad Atai